(version 22.2 - relevant for Advanced Content Creators)
The catalog builder enables the creation and modification of the parts catalog.
This article describes how to edit parts in the Catalog Builder:
- Open the Catalog Builder
- Edit Properties
- Group Parts
- Saving after editing
- Meta Data Editing
How to edit parts:
Open the Catalog Builder
- Open Digital Twin dashboard (in web) and click on edit parts catalog.
- Catalog Builder will open in the frontline.io PC app in editor layout.
Note: The Catalog Builder can be accessed only in the PC app via the Web.
Edit the parts in the Catalog Builder
Edit properties (assembly properties window)
- Left click
- Property window will open
- Insert values into fields
- Edit properties (meta-data) of the part (or assemblies)
- Name (changes in original and new)
- Catalog\ID number (changes in original and new)
- Spare part assembly yes/ no (default) (changes in original and new)
- Free text field (changes in original and new)
- Visibility (radio buttons-selection group) (changes only in new)
- Shown (default)
- Hidden from list and model
Note: Property window will not be displayed if a part isn't selected.
(changes are only visible in the new catalog)
- Grouping can be done only on a single assembly
- Once grouped there will be a "grouped" icon near the part name on the Catalog and near the part title in properties window, while editing.
- Group icon in Catalog will behave like collapse arrow.
- Grouped parts will be displayed in grey in the list and will be non-selectable, while editing. Grouped parts can be edited by ungrouping the grouped parts.
Saving After Editing
Changes done will automatically be saved and the saved version will be displayed every time any content creator opens the Catalog Builder for the specific Digital Twin.
In order to see the changes made, in the digital twin scene, the Digital Twin must be published.
Note: Incase no changes are made in the builder, the user will receive a pop-up message, asking if they are still using the editor. If the message is not acknowledged by the current editor (user), then another user, trying to open the Catalog Builder, with the same Digital Twin catalog will actively remove the first user from the Builder.
- Publish the Digital Twin item to view the changes
When creating a new digital twin item the hierarchy that is uploaded will be duplicated
- The original hierarchy - CAD assemblies (CAD)
- The new hierarchy - Parts Catalog (PC)
2 Parts Catalogs: Parts Catalog and CAD Assemblies
- "Meta-Data" button: will open metadata window pop-up window, containing information of the part/ assembly as defined in the properties of the parts catalog editor. The window is a pop up which needs to be closed to keep on interacting with what is displayed underneath.
- Any click outside the window will close it