Sub-systems provide a solution for multiple use cases: you can create a custom hierarchy with sub-systems, or create different behavior when entering each sub-system.
To create a sub-system:
- right click in scene hierarchy, and choose LLS > Create > Sub System.
This will create a new object in the scene under the Devices object.
This object is a container for one sub-system.
- Select your objects to isolate and drag them into the Device Elements field.
In the Device Elements section you can add custom elements for the sub-system. these elements can be isolated when using the 'isolate' option in the sub-system.
- Select the Sub-system camera location object to set the view for the current sub-system.
- Select Control Shift F to snap it to your current view location.
Now the subsystem is set up with relevant isolation objects and location.
- In play mode, click on the sub systems button, and in the sub-system click on the isolate button.
The objects that we added in the Device Elements field are now isolated.
- To center the pivot around the model: In our scene, select the sub-system camera location object, and drag it to the center of the model.
- Now in the Sub-System object itself, open the Main Location attribute, and change the Z Distance to 1. This will set a distance for the camera by 1 meter. but the pivot point will stay at the model, so we can rotate around it.