For an overview of what can be done with Sub-System: Check out Sub Systems
To create a sub-system automatically (recommended)
To create a subsystem follow the steps:
- In the hierarchy window, right click and select LLS > Create > Sub-system
- Give the newly created sub-system a name under the "Device Name" field in the inspector window
- Select and drag the gameObjects that are relevant to the sub-system into the "Device Elements" list
- You can experiment with all of the options that are in the Sub-system object
- Test the Sub-system in Play mode, by opening the parts catalog and switch to the sub-system menu
To create a sub-system manually
- At the Hierarchy right click Devices and create an empty game object.
- Name that object.
- At the Inspector add component - Device
- Edit the device name accordingly.
- Drag the wanted asset to the Device Elements at the Inspector.
- Go to Devices at the Hierarchy and drag the game object to the Sub Device tab at the
- Test your work.
I have dragged objects into the sub-systems "Device Elements" list, but can't select their children when testing the sub system.
Cause: "Disable Children" option is turned on.