The SDK support only FBX file types, it is likely that CAD software will export data as .STEP/.STP.
Please note that when exporting the CAD from the CAD software the following settings should be set:
STEP Format should be STEP AP214
There are multiple ways to convert a CAD to FBX:
Using the Frontline Studio Team
There is also an option to use the Frontline team to convert the CAD file in house:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Include your CAD file type and request a transformation
- A Frontline team person will get in contact with you about the transformed file.
Converting through Pixyz
One of the best solutions for transforming CAD into a model comes with Pixyz :
- Register and create a licensed account in https://www.pixyz-software.com/
- Download and install Pixyz
- Download our script for a fast transformation process in Pixyz: LLS_Import.zip
- Extract the zip and Import the script to Pixyz by dragging the file called "LLS_Import.py" into Pixyz
- Import the model by dragging the file into Pixyz (using RAW import mode)
- In pixyz "Scripting" window, press the play button to run the script, or use hotkey CTRL+E
- Wait for the script to finish executing
- When the model is ready, export from Pixyz as an FBX type
*There are other software that can convert CAD types to FBX, the Pixyz pipeline has proven to be the most efficient.